Hello, I am HASA R-1, a made-in-Taiwan full carbon road bike with Shimano 105 group set. I am very happy to have found my owner!

HASA R-1 carbon road bike with full Shimano 105 group set. My first every road bike! Yohoo!

After sharing my dilemma in finding my first road bike in my previous article, a few of my friends have been anxiously asking me ever since if I have bought my bike. They seem to be more anxious than me. LOL! They are in fact very curious which road bike I would decide to buy after so much contemplation.  

Well, I finally did buy my first road bike on  June 4, 2016.

Guess which one? :) 


If your guess is that it is one of the three models BridgestoneMerida ride 400 and Hasa R-3, then you are only half right. :) 

There is a slight twist to it..... and I was also surprised myself at my final decision.  

Wanna know? :) 

Well, I can only attest that cycling friends can be very POISONOUS. lol! You know who you are! 

Anyway, I will let my newly bought road bike new toy to introduce itself to you all.




Hello, I'm HASA R-1


At Tukang Basikal Fook Sang TBFS Cycle Sdn Bhd happily trying out HASA R-1 and R-3.



Self Introduction


Hello, my name is HASA R-1, a full carbon road bike born in Taiwan with Shimano 105 group set. :)

I have a solid full carbon body frame - making me look lean and light. :) In fact, my weight is only about 8 kg.

My body parts are made of trusted reliable Shimano 105 group set, with the objective to support my rider for his everyday training and long rides during the weekends, and riding with friends.   I hope my Shimano 105 groupset body parts will give my rider a sense of satisfaction, pleasure and fulfillment with advanced functionality, smoothness and ergonomics.



HASA R-1 carbon road bike with Shimano 105 groupset

HASA R-1 carbon road bike with Shimano 105 groupset



HASA R-1 carbon road bike with Shimano 105 groupset


I'm not very tall, and my size is 47 cm from center to top. I guess I have the Asian height. haha!

How about my look? 

Well - I guess I'm not as good looking, beautiful, sleek, and elegant as many other famous Hollywood celebrities like Willier, Colnago, BMC, Bianchi, Scott, Cervelo, Pinarello. And I'm also not as popular as my fellow famous Taiwanese friends Giant and Merida.

But I'm who I'm. I'm unique. I'm special. :)

I'm also very low profile. I don't like to catch much attention on the road. I would also like to think that I am as good as some other more famous bikes.  I like to put in lots of hard work for things that I want to achieve. I also have a strong, enduring fighting spirit that doesn't allow me to give up easily.

Since I left my home country Taiwan early this year, I have been residing at Tukang Basikal Fook Sang (TBFS) Cycle Sdn Bhd ( www.tbffooksang.com ) in Sungai Way, Petaling Jaya, Selangor.  However, I didn't get a chance to be outdoors where I belong. 


Tukang Basikal Fook Sang TBFS Cycle Sdn Bhd
Everyday I would look forward to finding that special someone to bring my home. haha!

On June 4, 2016, I saw a specky guy in white shirt and shorts coming in with his friend to look for his first road bike.

He looks kind of nerdy. He knows nothing about bicycles!!! lol! I also heard that he borrowed his friend's mountain bike to complete his first sprint triathlon last year at Port Dickson. Now he is gancheong to look for a road bike for himself because he accidentally registered for Half Ironman event at Bukit Merah this September. Ha!ha! What a weird guy! :)

Actually he also looked familiar because I thought he dropped by here 2 weeks ago as well. He was testing out my younger brother - HASA R-3, aluminium road bike with Shimano 105 group set. I realised that he didn't even pay attention to me then. I was so jealous of my brother HASA R-3!

Anyway, based on his conversations with TBFS' Mr Yong (shop owner), En Hafiz and Mr Khaw, I realised that he was actually at a lost!! A lost sheep indeed!! And a bit blur blur too! haha! But he is kind of cute for his innocence in cycling! lol!

He has been looking around for his first road bike for close to 2 months now. And he came toTBFS again because he had decided to bring my little brother HASA R-3 home. 

But........ something magical happened!!


Yohoo! Can you feel the earth move under my feet? I'm in cloud nine - happy with my find!


My brother HASA R-3's size is 50 cm. After he tried on it, he still felt uncomfortable and not at ease. And this nerdy specky guy wanted to try something smaller. This is when Mr Yong pulled me out from the display rack to show to ask this nerdy guy to try. But he was cautioned that I'm made of Crbon and not Aluminium, and my price tag is also higher. 

Initially, it kind of scared this dude off! 

He is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo price sensitive!! He is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo budget-constrained sticking to his less than RM4k budget! 

I was like, "Deh!! Dude!! Come on, try me and you will know my worth!!"

He finally decided to ride stationery on me using the stand (don't know what it's called) to try out my size 47. 

The moment he rode on me, I felt as if there is a strong chemistry connecting both of us. :) I suddenly felt alive. I suddenly felt I had found my owner!

When I saw the smile on his stupid face, I could sense that he felt the same as me.

The connection is so strong.........  :)

He then requested to test me out outside the shop, riding me few rounds. I could see him smiling. His grin was getting wider and wider. He was feeling more and more comfortable with me. 

As for me - of course - I was also smiling. I was doing my best to make him feel I'm as light as a feather, as fast as the thunder, and as stylish as the Hollywood star!

I knew we had the bonding already!

I told myself  - this is it!! This is the special one. This is the guy that I wanted to go outdoors exploring the world with. And I would do my best to bring him where he wanted to ride me to - anywhere! :)

After much negotiations with Mr Yong, he decided to up his budget and take me home! 

What a thrill!! I was in cloud nine, so happy and joyous!!

Saying Good bye to Tukang Basikal Fook Sang (TBFS) Cycle Sdn Bhd

I wanted to thank Mr Yong and En Hafiz and all at TBFS for taking very good care of me. I hope they can continue to take good care of my brothers and sisters and good friends there. 

I will miss them dearly but I look forward to going to my new home with the nerdy specky blur-blur dude! :)

Tukang Basikal Fook Sang (TBFS)'s Mr Yong and En Hafiz... Thank you for your excellent service! Appreciate it!



Tukang Basikal Fook Sang (TBFS)'s Mr Yong  - thank you for POISONING me to get HASA R-1 instead of HASA R-3. :) 



Bringing HASA R-1 home!!! Let's go home, baby!! :)

FB Post by TBFS





My New Home and New Owner

I have finally found myself a permanent home and owner! I am so thrilled to be connecting to my new owner well!!

I believe we both have many things in common - even our personalities and traits.  Perhaps that's the reason why he decided to fork out extra cash to make me part of his life.

This is just the beginning. 

It's a life journey - and I look forward to discovering new places, traveling distances with him, and helping him to complete his triathlons in future.


New home!




Establishing connection with HASA R-1 the momeny I brought the road bike home... :)






Establishing connection with HASA R-1 the momeny I brought the road bike home... :)



Establishing connection with HASA R-1 the momeny I brought the road bike home... :)





Establishing connection with HASA R-1 the momeny I brought the road bike home... :)



Written on 2016.06.12

Comments

  1. Congratulations on your new bike. Finally... hahaa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your new bike. Finally... hahaa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha.. yeah finally. :) look forward to a new cycling journey ....

      Delete

Post a Comment